York Counselling – About Me
I am an experienced and professionally qualified counsellor as well as an accredited and registered member of the BACP (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy). I am bound by their Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy. This includes maintaining client confidentiality and having regular supervision of my clinical practice. This ensures that therapeutic standards are maintained and is part of my commitment to provide an ethically sound and professional service.
I have been working as a counsellor in Yorkshire for over nine years. As well as having a private practice I have worked as a counsellor in a school, a 6th Form College and as a volunteer counsellor for a York adult counselling service.
I hold a Graduate Diploma in Counselling and would describe myself as an Integrative Counsellor. I am committed to regular Continuing Professional Development (CPD) as part of my BACP accredited Membership. Recent courses and training I have attended include:
- Solution Focused Conversations
- Introduction to Couple Counselling
- Exploring the Dynamics of Attachment in Adult Life
- Story and Narrative Identity
- Working at Relational Depth
- Working with Self Harm
- Working with Anger
- Foundation training in Group Analysis
- Working with Trauma and Dissociation
- Dissociative Process and the Therapeutic Use of Self
- Mindfulness Workshop